Our top priority is to prevent infections contracted at the hospital. Correct disinfection of the hands is therefore essential. For some years now, we have taken an active part in the Germany-wide "Clean Hands Initiative".
The initiative is based on the WHO campaign "Clean Care is Safer Care" to improve patient safety, which was launched in 2005. It prioritised the importance of disinfecting the hands to prevent infections in a hospital setting.
For more information, visit: www.aktion-sauberehaende.de
- Implementation of quality assurance measures within hospital hygiene and infection prevention according to the guidelines published by the Robert Koch Institute.
- Development, safeguarding and monitoring of hygiene standards
- Preparation, updating and monitoring of hygiene and disinfection schedules
- Data collection to record nosocomial infections, as well as their analysis and mapping
- Counselling of staff on issues relating to hygiene, as well as implementation of training measures for medical and service staff
- Definition of disinfection measures, as well as monitoring of nursing techniques and procedures with relevance to hygiene
- Implementation of hygiene inspections and micro-biological control analyses
- Regular inspections of areas of the Clinic with strict hygiene requirements
- Support for the ongoing construction measures from the perspective of hygiene
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. et rer. medic. habil. Lutz Jatzwauk
Medical Consultant to the Hygiene Management