We use procedures within general and visceral surgery to treat benign and malignant diseases of the abdomen,
the large intestine, small intestine and the colon, as well as the stomach, liver, pancreas, oesophagus and the thyroid gland.
In vascular surgery, we focus on the consequences of diseases caused by arteriosclerosis, as well as on damage to the blood vessels, whether congenital or due to an accident.
Our patients are treated as individually and conservatively as possible. This is why we collaborate closely with all related disciplines. We use minimally invasive techniques (keyhole surgery) to perform a large proportion of our interventions.
Treatment focus areas:
- Emergency care 24/7
- Tumour surgery on the gastrointestinal tract, the pancreas and the large and small intestine (benign and malignant)
- Endocrine surgery, thyroid surgery for benign and malignant conditions (growths, Graves' disease, cancer etc.) with neuro-monitoring of the vocal cord nerve, parathyroids, adrenal glands
- Liver metastases and tumour surgery of the liver, also with radio frequency-induced thermo-ablation, as well as also using percutaneous ultrasound techniques
- Minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopic), inguinal hernia (also for outpatients), diaphragmatic hernia, reflux diseases of the oesophagus, incisional hernia, hepatic cysts, appendix, stomach surgery, large and small intestine (diverticular disease, small cancerous growths, colostomy and retrodisplacement, rectal prolapse, gall bladder removal
- Proctology (transanal ultrasound, outpatient hernia surgery according to MILLIGAN/MORGAN, sclerosing, haemorrhoid stapling, ODS)
- Surgery on other chronic inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's disease, colitis ulcerosa), also using laparoscopic techniques in individual cases
In the treatment of vascular diseases or injuries, we use surgical treatment methods (e.g. bypass) and interventional procedures like catheter techniques (e.g. balloon dilatation, stent implants) either alone or as combined therapy (hybrid techniques).
We trust in collaboration to produce diagnoses and to decide on individually coordinated treatments:
- with the angiology ward G2 and the nephrology ward B2N at the Clinic for Internal Medicine
- the Institute for Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
- the Department of Physical and Rehabilitative Medicine
- the practising specialists focusing on the treatment of vascular diseases (Practice Dr. Oettler)
- Clinic for Vascular Surgery Dresden-Friedrichstadt
Treatment focus areas:
- Surgery on the arteries supplying the brain
- Surgery on aneurysm of the abdominal artery, also through introduction of a stent by means of small incisions in the groin area if the patients are suitable
- Placement of artificial blood vessels to bypass occlusion in the pelvis-leg region, also combined with modern methods of endovascular surgery (dilatation of narrow sections and insertion of supporting metal frames (stents))
- Stage-adjusted surgical treatment (sclerosing, removal, minimally invasive, conservative procedure through use of an endoscope) of varicose veins, also for outpatients on request
- Creation of venal access points for chemotherapy and artificial feeding
- Pacemaker implants in cooperation with the Clinic for Internal Medicine
- Treatment of diabetes-related foot conditions
- Creation of all kinds of dialysis access points (fistula, dialysis ports in individual cases, artificial blood vessels)
- Implementation of medicinal treatments to improve circulation and eliminate blood clots
- 24/7 care for acute vascular diseases (injuries, occlusion)
- Surgical correction of vascular malformation
- Surgery on visceral arteries