The apprenticeship aims to teach how to provide women with advice and care during pregnancy, labour and the period following childbirth. Management of normal births, fast recognition of possible complications and support during the postpartum period, monitoring of all activities, documentation of findings and care for the infants are among the tasks of a midwife.
The midwifery apprenticeship lasts 3 years and begins on 1 September of each year.
Apprentices must complete 1,600 hours of classroom and practical teaching, as well as 3,000 hours of practical work, in order to acquire or professional skills during their course.
The theoretical training takes place in cooperation with Dresden University Hospital. All practical training takes place at Städtisches Klinikum Görlitz.
We pay attractive remuneration to our apprentices in the healthcare and nursing profession:
1st apprenticeship year: €1.000/month
2nd apprenticeship year: €1.100/month
3rd apprenticeship year: €1.200/month
- Suitable health to pursue this profession
- Good secondary school leaving qualifications
- Personal characteristics such as empathy, conscientiousness, attentiveness, love for people
- Practical experience of nursing is welcome (internships, voluntary service)
- Complete application documents
All apprenticeships for 2020 have already been taken.
Application folder with
- Application letter
- Photograph (named)
- Performance reviews/assessments (e.g. past internships, voluntary service)
- Please enclose an adequately stamped, addressed envelope
Kindly send your applications by email
or send it by post to:
Städtisches Klinikum Görlitz gGmbH
Girbigsdorfer Str. 1-3
Contact for nursing apprenticeships:
- +49 3581 37-1262
- +49 3581 37-1502